She invited us to her daughter's birthday party in March @ the roller skating rink. I think Keith and I may be to old to roller skate, but we will probably try. It would be nice to get to know her kids. She's excited about coming to my shower, but a bit nervous about meeting everyone.
So at the end of the 20 plus minute conversation, she mentions, oh I was having contractions today - ahhhhh. The doctor checked her and she's not dilated, but it was still contractions. Oh, please don't let Danica come while we are out of the country or this early. We are still working on the homestudy. But the birth mom asked the social worker today what would happen if she goes early and we don't have the paperwork done. No problem the baby would leave the hospital with her and then she would give us the baby in the parking lot. Now I'm really feeling the pressure to get all the paperwork done ASAP. If only we weren't leaving the country next week. Hopefully all this worrying is just preparing me for the teenage years and Danica will show up in 102 days - just like I planned. I'm sure everything from here on out will be just like I planned. I'm sure every baby does everything on their mom's schedule.
Here's the stroller/car seat I'll be ordering soon. It's made in Germany, so it will take a while to get here. I want to see one more ultrasound with girl parts, because I know Keith wouldn't let a boy ride around in this. I'm surprised he'll even push this around. But he actually help pick it out. Very girly and pink!!
In the meantime if everyone could pray that Danica doesn't make an appearance until at least May that would be great.

No comments:
Post a Comment