Danica has offically given up her naps during the day. I've tried explaining that the book says that she should be taking a morning and afternoon nap everyday, but she is too afraid she'll miss something. To which her grandma says "do you blame her". So, I guess we know where the I don't want to miss anything attitude comes from - Grandma Ambler all the way.
Danica is working on her teeth again, she was 10 bib baby yesterday. She is getting very good at getting anywhere she wants on the livingroom floor, and doesn't seem to want to just stay in one place anymore. She is starting to play with the dogs, she really likes to pull their tails. Spoiled doesn't seem to mind at all, Rotten is still afraid of her. She has starting sleeping through the night. She is going to bed between 6-7pm and has started sleeping until 5 am. Of course with giving up naps during the day, it does make for long days on Monday's when Keith watches her.
We have been very busy with the house. We put an offer on a house, the owner rejected our offer and did want to counter until we had ours listed. Which worked out to our favor. Keith has a couple that is very interested in buying the business and our realtor wants to list our house for a lot more than I thought she would. So, all of that changes the price range of houses we are looking at and the first house doesn't make the cut anymore. We have found a great house that is still undercontruction. It's in a newer subdivision, it's bigger, has a much larger lot and several upgrades. The basement will be partial finished with a family room and a bedroom. The washer and dryer are on the main floor (yeah no more carrying clothes up and down stairs). Plus I know the builder. It's in the "country" and I've never lived in the "country" and I don't think Keith has either. And if ours doesn't sell in time to get that one there are several others that would work.
We had to have our electric upgraded this week. Keith's friends are coming today (if it doesn't rain) to work on the siding the back of the house. Keith will continue to work on the deck. Another couple of friends will help me organize closets and the basement today. My to do list for the house is now much longer than Keith's. I'm hoping we can get everything done by October 10th - that's when I would like to list it. I may have to take a vacation day or two to work on it.
Danica goes for her 4 month checkup tomorrow. Keith is very excited, because we can start giving her ceral. I'm excited to see how her height, I know she's going to be tall. She's already tall enough to use her exercise circle and is wearing 9 and 12 month clothes. I'm having a hard time finding sleepers for her, because if they fit in length, they are too big everywhere else. She has discovered her feet and loves to put them in the air. She is also trying to put everything in her mouth. She will hold her bottle most of the time and is able to hold a rattle and pick up toys. She enjoys being on the floor, sitting up or standing up. She just smiles when Keith helps her stand up. She needs very little support to sit up now.
She made her first art project at daycare, it was a picture of her in a heart card for Grandma. I saved it and I don't save anything like that. I guess it's different when your a Mom. The daycare got a new outdoor swing for babies last week and Danica loves it. She loves being outside and they said she justed smiled and cooed while she was in it.

No comments:
Post a Comment