Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 17, 2011

TA-DUH

So, I went with the birth mom to her OB appointment last Friday.  And this is what I have to say TA-DUH.  I was nervous, thought I would forgot to ask something important (and then they would think I wouldn't make a good Mom, etc.).  It was very anticlimactic.  No waiting room in the office, around the corner in another office - ok.  Back to get weighed and give a urine sample, now we are getting someplace.  Into the room, nice to meet you, Dr. comes in whips out the monitor and gel and within 30 seconds has Danica's heart tones booming.  Nice to hear them, but nothing like seeing her on an ultrasound.  Time to measure (oh this should be good),  whips out a tape measure and measures the birth mom's belly, how far along are you now (28 weeks) that has far as we have come in medicine a tape measure.  Ok we'll start seeing you every 2 weeks starting at week 30.  That's it, he leaves the room.  The assistant comes in says here you have 5 minutes to drink this then we will draw your blood in 60 minute.  I'm not sure what I was expecting, but maybe Danica's this big, looks like she doing great, she's sucking her thumb, has the hiccups, something.  Best part of the appointment was the Dairy Queen afterward, well I did like hearing her heart beat, but I really expected more.  Good news birth mom's BP was normal.  So, maybe Danica will follow the plan and arrive on 5/25/11 at around 8:20am.

I found a beautiful coming home outfit that as long as she's not too small will be perfect.  It reminds me of a dress I had when I was a baby, except it has a hat that is too cute. 

We go for our fingerprint appointments tomorrow morning, which should be interesting with Mom having to get fingerprinted.  I hope she can remember her date of birth and any other questions they may asked her.  We go for our physicals next Friday.  The taxes should be done by Monday.  So, in theory we could have all the paperwork we need for the home study by the end of next week. 

The weather has been great here for the last couple of days (sunny 60-70's).  Keith finished the sliding on the front of the house today, except for the top of the porch (he's waiting on me to pick that out).  If the weather holds out he'll replace the windows in Danica's room next week.   Then we can start setting up her room. 

I can't wait to see both of my sisters for my shower and for them to see her room.  They are definitely the experts in raising children.  I can't believe in less than 10 weeks we will be holding our daughter.  Just thinking about her makes me cry tears of joy, I'm going to be a mess in the delivery room, just hope I don't pass out.

No comments:

Post a Comment