Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

57 days how did we get here

Can you believe that we will be holding Danica Claire in 57 days, we can't either.  Panic has started to set in.  Home study progress: we have our fingerprint reports back, Keith and I had our physicals, we got our local police checks done.  Tomorrow we pick up our taxes and then I'll have to transfer some information from the taxes on to some other forms and send everything to the social worker.  It will take her 4-6 weeks to complete the paperwork and then we can take it to our attorney and get the adoption agreement drawn up. 

We feel like we are supporting the medical profession in 2011.  Keith has had cataract surgery on both eyes, a root canal, possibly more eye surgery, several family doctor's appointments, and upcoming appointments with a nephrologist, rheumatologist, and new glasses.  I had a bronchitis and ended up in the ED Christmas day and then Friday when I went for my adoption physical, got told I had bronchitis and walking pneumonia.  I knew I had bronchitis, I just thought it was viral and I was slowly getting better.  Well now that we can itemize on our taxes (I love being married) we are saving all our receipts.  I'm just glad we are getting all the appointments done before Danica arrives.

I been reading Baby Wise and I really am enjoying it.  Keith took the closet out of our bedroom Sunday and opened up the doorway.  It made such a difference in the light and how open our bedroom feels.  Next he is going to remove the small attic door, box it in and add a small fridge and microwave.  When we are all done, our bedroom will be like a suite and we can't wait.  This weekend he is hoping to get the 2 windows installed in Danica's room.  We bought the windows several weeks ago, but the weather here has not cooperated. 

Birth mom is doing great, blood pressure under control.  Going to OB every two weeks at this point.  Danica is doing great too.  I've been trying to find a white sweater for Danica and still haven't found one.  I wanted one for her to wear to church on Sunday's.  The have the fans on in Church on Sunday's and I don't want her to get cold.  So if anyone sees a newborn or 0-3 month white sweater, call me.  I found a day care and we will be going for an interview in April.  They should have a opening in August.  Danica will be having 3 wonderful babysitters in the afternoons after Daddy leaves for work.

2 comments:

  1. We are so excited for you guys! And I love keeping up with what is going on through your blog. I also really liked Babywise! I did a somewhat modified form of that scheduling with all my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwen, Carter's has little white sweaters, if you are still looking. You can search for "white sweater" for options at www.carters.com

    ReplyDelete