I'm back to work this week and looking forward to my next time off with Danica.
Folllow Keith and Gwen West who are becoming first time parents May 25th, 2011. We are sure that we have plenty to learn and will provide plenty of laughs.
Monday, June 6, 2011
New trick
Danica learned a new trick yesterday. She learned to go to the bathroom with her diaper off all over her changing pad and Mommy. She seemed very pleased as she showed me her dimple afterward. We've had a busy week adjusting to having Danica at home. More laundry, more dishes, more trips to the store for supplies, and less time is how I would summarize the first week. I made it through her having a babysitter Saturday. I did ok, but I was very happy to see her at the end of the day.
Thursday was Danica's first day at the Plymouth hospital. She did great. Mostly she slept in the Moses basket next to my desk. The girls in the office said if they didn't know she was there, they wouldn't have known (because she was so good). Everyone thought she was beautiful. Friday we went to the Mishawaka hospital for everyone to see her and then to lunch with Nana. Next we went for another picture session (this one gave us pictures at the end of the session). For some reason I think it will be important when the social worker comes for her follow up visit to have pictures of Danica on the walls. I also wanted a picture for my office. Sunday we went to Church and then Mamaw & Papaw West came over. We went out of lunch and then back to the house for Mamaw to hold Danica. The rest of the day was household chores. Then a bath for Danica, she seems to enjoy her bath - except for her hair. Then Daddy spent about 10 minutes trying to teach her left from right. I really need to get the video camera out to capture some of Keith's teaching and singing (she does seem to become more alert when he sings This little light of mine).
I'm back to work this week and looking forward to my next time off with Danica.
I'm back to work this week and looking forward to my next time off with Danica.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment