Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 4, 2011

Making progress

We had a productive weekend.  We didn't get everything on our lists done, but we did finish the home study paper work -   YEAH.  Next steps, the social worker will review all the home study documents and then send us a draft home study to review.  Once the home study is complete we will meet with our lawyer to have to adoption agreement drawn up.  The agreement can't be signed until Danica is born.  Then we will have to go to court to get temporary custody before we leave the hospital.  The social worker will make another home visit after Danica is home and make her final report to the court.  The final court hearing will be approximately 30 days after she's born.  I ordered the stroller/car seat on Friday, it should be here in 4-5 weeks.

Keith has had productive week also.  Last Sunday he removed the closet in our bedroom.  We both can't believe how much bigger and lighter our room seems.  He's been busy putting layers of drywall mud on the remaining walls.  Next he'll be removing the attic door, boxing in the hole, and installing our mini fridge, a light fixture, and power for a small microwave.  Then he'll replace the 2 windows.  I may have to do the painting (Keith really doesn't enjoy painting) and then we'll have someone install the carpet.  He also installed the new windows in  Danica's room Sunday.  He will have to make the trim and get that painted, but the windows are great.  He is really feeling the 20+ trips up and down the steps today.  His knees are very sore and he wants to know when he got SO old.

It's amazing how much can get done when a husband and wife work together.  As for the recent doctors appointments I have completely recovered from my pneumonia and Keith's appointment with kidney specialist went well.  He increased one of his blood pressure medications and he'll have some lab work to do.  Hopefully his next specialist appointment will go as good.  Mom is worn out from the weekend.  She did lots of folding of laundry and then we went to church and a bridal shower on Sunday.  So, she went to bed at 5:30pm yesterday and is still there this am.  I wish I could stay in bed that long.

I'm taking a day off on Wednesday to spend the day with a great friend and her sister.  I feel like I've been on a race lately and I really just need some girlfriend time.  I hate to use the vacation time before Danica gets here, but sometime mentally we just need a break.

We have another long list of projects for this week/weekend, hopefully the weather will cooperate.  Also, we need to make an appointment with the Small Wonders Day/Preschool to check it out for after the summer.  They have a wait list, but should have an opening in the infant room in August. 

I'm hoping to see the birth mom sometime next weekend.  Keith says she really looks pregnant now (finally).

No comments:

Post a Comment