Keith has been very hard at work getting Danica's room ready. He picked up the crib and dresser/changer on Monday and Duane assisted with getting it in the house. According to Keith there was no way I would be able to lift it (he's probably right and I don't want to do anything to my back I'm still watching it following my surgery last November). Keith is really happy with furniture, which is great since he only saw pictures via his phone when I bought it.
I'm still very busy with a very long to do list prior to Danica's arrival. I've got several closets to clean and some cabinets in the kitchen that need organizing to make room for bottles, formula, nipples, etc. Keith had no idea how much "stuff" a baby needs. He also thought that babies were potty trained around the time they start walking....sorry honey it will be a lot longer than that. I did find out that when Keith was a tween his mom watched a couple of babies and he assisted. He thought it wasn't appropriate for a boy to change diapers for a little girl, so that where the fear of dirty diapers comes from. However, he did get some experience with bottles.
Keith also found 2 renters for the apartments above the restaurant. So, that will assist with the mortgage. Hopefully they will get moved in soon and it will turn out good. Keith has been moving his appliances from the apartments to Plymouth. We are trying to combine households and at times it's a challenge. Oh we need a bigger HOUSE. Mom is very excited about out my sisters coming to visit and has been giving me "helpful" hints about how to get the house "cleaned up" and ready. She forgets that we are in the middle of remodeling and the house can't always be company ready. Yes, Mom I know there a 2 fridges in the kitchen.
We would like to get a camcorder before Danica's is born, but need suggestions about brands and features you recommend or don't recommend.
Six weeks from today, we should be holding our daughter - doesn't that sound wonderful.

No comments:
Post a Comment