Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 7, 2011

How did we get here 48

48 days - feels like the time is starting to really fly.  The birth mom sent me a text of her belly this week - and she's definitely showing now.  Makes it seem more real.  Keith finished the trim on the new windows in Danica's room today and got one coat of paint done.  So, his work in the nursery is almost complete.  This weekend we'll start moving the furniture and "baby stuff" around, then probably next weekend Keith will pick up the crib and dresser and get them moved in.  That will give me a few days to get the room set up before my sister's come up Easter weekend.  I'm sooooo excited for my family to see Danica's room.  Plus I'm excited for my Mom to get to see both my sisters, she hasn't seen my sister Janet since December and the 4 of us haven't been together since last August other than at the wedding.

I had a great time Wednesday.  I took a mental health day from work and went shopping with a great friend and her sister.  Had a really good time showing them Amish country, very interesting for someone who grow up a world away.  I only bought Danica 2 things the entire day, which was very difficult - but my friend held me back.  We even stopped at a farm and bought some fresh eggs. 

Keith would like to get the peak of the porch done this weekend, so I guess it's another trip to Menard's for me (oh goodie).  Keith enjoys Menard's/Lowe's like enjoy all things baby currently.  Maybe I can find a baby store in Michigan City I haven't been to yet.  It's so better going into baby stores now that we have one on the way.  Years ago I didn't mind going in, then after the fertility treatments, failed adoption attempts and divorce I just hated going there and to baby showers.  Now I look forward to it, what a difference it makes when you let God take over and follow his plan.  Our lives have changed so much since we simply trusted God to bring us together and follow his plan.  Unbelievable how blessed I feel with having Keith as a husband and with Danica on the way.  I feel like I'm living the dream.  Charlie Sheen might be winning, but I've already WON.

No comments:

Post a Comment