Keith took Mom to the Marshall County Jail for a local police check on Monday. He took her in the wheelchair, because he remembered it was some distance from the parking to the clerk. Keith explained to the clerk, that his mother in law needed a local police check, because she lives with us and we are adopting. The clerk tried not to laugh at checking an 87 year old for a criminal background. Mom wasn't sure what she was filling the form out for, but did know she isn't a felony. Mom did remember Keith took her some where yesterday to do a criminal check tonight, so it must have stuck and she also told me she had never been to the jail before. And sure enough my Mother has no arrest record on file with the Marshall County Police - thank goodness. I thought while I was at work, she was secretly robbing banks.
My boss pulled up the letter she sent several months ago and emailed it to the social worker. She also tried to fax it, but the fax wouldn't go through. I think the social worker, may have changed the fax phone and didn't change it on her paperwork. I think her business could use a little organization (5S).
I sent the home study Saturday evening. So, she should have all of the paperwork. I spoke with my lawyer friend and she suggested I call my adoption lawyer and see if he can hurry up the social worker. He recommended her, so maybe he has some pull. I don't want to be overly aggressive, as she could not recommend us -- but I would really like her to get on it.
I left her a message late this afternoon. I'll give it a day or two, then call the adoption attorney.
On a fun note, I bought a new camera and am having a great time learning how to use it. Also, our flip video camera arrived today. The dogs are starting to run the other way when they see the camera's. I hope Danica loves the camera, because I really want to take tons of pictures and video. Mom is getting very excited to see my sisters and brother in law, and I think even more excited than the baby. Of course if you know I Mom, everyone will be lowered a peg once she has Danica in her arms.
I haven't packed the diaper bag, because I'm not sure what to put in it. I know I need to pack a couple of outfits, video camera, camera, blanket, pacifers (I want the hospital to use mine if they will, so I know what brand to buy)....so I need suggestions on what to pack. Someone suggested taking her baby book along, so that can do the foot and hand prints. Based on weather today, she may need her sunglasses, we have the air condition on and it's May.
I have the car seat installed in the van and the dual mirrors. The one that goes on the headrest is very cute and plays a song, but it's not Jimmy Buffett so I'm not sure she'll like it. It does have a parrot toy, so that's a start.
For those of you who don't know my husband he has one fault, he's a democrat. While I usually vote republican, I will vote for the person I believe can do the job. Keith really enjoys discussing politics and is sure Danica will be a democrat a fact he has mentioned several times. In fact if she was a boy, he really wanted to name him after Bill Clinton. Thank goodness she not a boy. So, I'm wondering am I sending subliminal messages to Danica by buying a pink elephant coat hanger, a stuffed elephant, and elephant sleeper???? I haven't bought one donkey and don't intend too.... I don't think I am, but I do like elephants, especially Dumbo. He hasn't said anything yet, but I'm not sure he's figured it out.

No comments:
Post a Comment