I got an email with a final draft of our home study tonight, I can't believe it. I found a couple of typo's and sent it back. I think she just has to print it, sign it, and make a copy of her license. I really can't believe it was done that quick, and it's really a good home study. I've become pretty experienced with home studies, I think this was my fourth or fifth. Next step make an appointment with our attorney and get the adoption agreement drawn up.
This will be a pretty busy weekend, with more baby clothes to wash and put away. My friend Gloria made Danica the cutest shoe/hair ribbon organizer. It's pink and green, so it's going to look great in Danica's room, I'll try to post a picture this weekend. Keith has that and some elephant's to hang up this weekend. He's mudding the drywall in our bedroom. We have decided to wait to paint until after Danica's in her room. We're afraid the paint fumes might be bad for her. Also, we have to figure out how to install the bigger, more complicated car seat in Mom's car.
Keith realized that if he has a doctor's appointment after Danica's born, she'll have to go with him, pink stroller and all. And if I have to go to get groceries, she'll have to go with me. I think the life changing event is starting to set in with Keith. He also decided he better stay after work tonight to play poker with the guys, because in another two weeks, "I'll want to rush home to see what she did while I was at work". I hope he's not disappointed when it's only slept, eat, and messed her diaper for a few months.
His concern extends to me also. He informed me, that "you know that you will have to be home by 5:30pm every night", fearing that I might forget and the babysitter would leave. I reassured him that the babysitters wouldn't leave until I got home and that I would be getting home on time. Wait till he figures out how early we will have to get up on Sunday's to make to church with everyone in clean clothes.

No comments:
Post a Comment