Keith and I both went to the eye doctor today. Keith needs to have cataract surgery, which we were expecting. What we were not expecting was me be told that I needed bifocals - aren't those for old people. Now I'm going to have to wear glasses all the time - what's up with that. Then to top it off we were watching America Idol and Keith told me it's a good thing I'm good looking, because I'm not going to make it as a singer, as Mom is laughing at my singing.
The home study visit is done. Strange duck our social worker, we know lots about her following the interview and home tour. According to Keith, "she's a little out there". Keith thought she was watching how we were treating our dogs, to decide if we would be good parents. She's a vegetarian, which isn't an option in our meat loving family... but I always thought vegetarian's wouldn't have 100+ extra pounds. Really how do you stay that big just eating fruits, nuts, and celery....I'm not one to judge, but I think maybe she should start eating a little meat. Such a different experience than my last home study. That was a 3 hour interview about my entire life, our relationship, health history, religious beliefs, child discipline thoughts, etc. Not all about the dogs, her estranged husband, the house and how nice the remodeling is, her favorite kind of pizza, etc for about 1 hour and done. Well what ever it is or isn't we are prepared to jump through the hops to adopt Danica.
We will have to have one more visit after we bring Danica home from the hospital, before the final court hearing at 30 days to make the adoption final. Wonder how many more animals she'll have living with her at that time....

No comments:
Post a Comment