Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Yeah

I finally made it over to Nappanee to check out the Amish baby furniture.  So, happy I did.  I found a great store with very nice furniture.   If I didn't have a brand new husband I probably would have ordered it today.  Keith really likes wood and knows a lot more about different kinds of wood, so I'll probably select the style and he'll probably pick the wood and the stain.  I so would have taken exactly what they had on the floor it's so beautiful, but it's one of the few things I think Keith will really have some thoughts about.  Plus I really want him to see the great dinner room tables and hutches, never too soon to start planning for the new house (dinning room and all).   This trip may have cost Keith more than he knows.

We will have to make up our minds soon, right now they are 9 weeks out from order to available.  So, will probably order the furniture right after we get back from our honeymoon. 

I found a great idea for the birth mom.  I've been reading that one of the hardest parts for the birth mom is to leave the hospital without the baby.   We realize there is nothing we can do to take away that empty feeling, but we would at least like to thank her with something she can hold.   Keith and I have been talking about what type of gift we would like to get for our birth mom.  He thought a gym membership would be nice, since she's been talking about wanting to lose weight after the baby is born.  Sometimes I'm not sure he understands woman, that would be like telling you're right you are fat.  I was looking for jewelry.  But everything seems so inadequate for the gift she is giving us.  So, I started reading about gifts others have given and received.   And my favorite is a charm bracelet (likely a Pandora - Keith got me one for Christmas and I love it).  Each year on Danica's birthday we'll send her a new charm representing something she loved or did that year and some pictures from the last year.  I don't know if she'll wear it, but she'll be able to keep it and look at and the pictures over the years.  We will never know what's it like to have the strength to give up a daughter, but she will never know what it feels like to be given a daughter to raise.  It's very comforting to know that 3 people already love Danica that much and she hasn't even been born.....oh crap I made myself cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment